Wednesday, February 20, 2008

happy (early) birthday

Luke's birthday isn't actually till tomorrow.
Since he was here yesterday
Lana made a cake for him.
well, not technically a cake
it was Oreo Dessert,
one of the many desserts
Luke has enjoyed at our house over the years.
We had planned to make Aztec Chicken
(one of the recipes Lana received from Susie
for Christmas; she gave her a pretty recipe box
with several of Luke's favorite recipes)
but with so many sick
I wasn't about to make a spicy dish!
so
I made some Immune Boostin' Chicken Soup instead.
Had I known that Lana was going to end up sick too
(and I'd have to clean the kitchen on top of messing it up....)
I would have skipped blasting the chicken first!
Sure did make the soup extra yummy
but it was a lot more work, too.
~
I told Luke I could probably get away
with feeding him all sorts of yucky food
for the next few months, since he's feasting his eyes
on the pretty thing sitting across from him
he's not paying all that much attention
to what he's putting in his mouth....
Not that the rest of us would go along with that, though...
~
The kitchen in the house in Fort Smith had metal cabinets
which were often covered with alphabet magnets.
Luke always played with them
when their family came to our house.
For his birthday one year
we gave him alphabet magnets of his own :-)
~
Happy Birthday, Luke
we all love you!!
Won't be long
and we'll be buying magnets
for your fridge!

1 comment:

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)