Monday, February 11, 2008

monday, monday

Mondays aren't really anybody's favorite day
least - I don't think they are..
~
Tony is taking a chemistry class
with some other homeschoolers.
I had planned on Lana being able to drive him
but that didn't work out
so Monday has become 'errand day' for us.
~
It's actually turned out to be better than I expected
although
truth be told
my expectations weren't too high
at all
~
a baby
(who hates being in the car)
a toddler
(who cries for his cup before we're even halfway down the drive)
and a preschooler
(who hates to go IN a store)
~
Running errands on a Monday
is not my idea of a good time
~
Brandon is always such a great helper!
thanks, Bud
I couldn't do Mondays without you!
~
If we don't have a ton of stuff to do
we like to make a quick stop at the Salvation Army thrift store
Lily & I look for fabric
(clothes to re-make into shoes for the little ones)
and
clothes with the 75% off color tags.
(I don't like to pay full price even at the thrift store!)
Brandon & the boys
check out the toys
and look in the housewares department
for 'vintages'
(old orange Tupperware)
todays bargains - $3.25

for Lana, a sweater and an antique sifter - just like mine!
sandals for me - which, won't be shared with Lana this summer...
and a 'workerman' hat for the boys

~
then we do the real errands
~
The boys have figured out that if they really behave,
We can usually manage to squeeze some fun in, too.
Most days we go to the park.
The 12:30 bell from Grand Avenue Baptist Church
is our signal to leave to pick up Ton';
the bell rings & we all run for one last trip down the slide
then its a race to see who can get buckled first.
Usually, it's a tie!
~
Today, it was too cold for the park
so we went to Learning Oasis
to play with the trains.
(I hope they don't mind!)
As we were leaving, Josiah said
"Thanks for taking us to play with the trains!"
Thanks for being grateful, Bub!
~
Mondays aren't really so bad, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)