Sunday, February 3, 2008

socks & speakin'

Lana made LilyPie a new pair of socks
ooh, they are just so sweet!
thanks, Sissia!
Speaking of'Sissia
I wanted to record some of Lily's words (at 10 months old)
before we forget....
Sissia - is what Lily calls Lana - when she doesn't call her 'Lana'
she calls all of the boys 'Bubba'
but she also calls TJ - 'TJ' & Tony 'Tony'
Mama & Dada
are said often
~
She also says
darling
she refuses to call Luke 'Luke'
he's 'darling'
I kid you not!!
good dog
dog
tickle
(this actually sounds a lot like 'dada'
but she says it when someone is tickling her feet)
thank-you
uh-oh
yes
no-no
cracker
bite
(she also says the name of who she's offering a bite to)
baby
(the first time she said this was when she got a doll
for Christmas she took one look at it and said, "baby!")
sock
shoe
(she looks at her feet then looks for her shoes while saying 'shoe')
~
she sings 'A la Ru'
(one of Lana's Choir songs)
~
I imagine I've missed a few;
I also imagine I'll be corrected in the comments :-)
~
we were remembering today that Josiah used to say 'hallelujah'
repeatedly
when he was happy
mad
&
sad
~
I so love hearing my children speak!
I talk to my babies all the time
keeping up a running commentary
and telling them how much I love them.
I used to joke that the first words out of my babies' mouths
would be "momma, would you please be quiet?!!"
but, they don't seem to mind my chatter
after all
~
Let your speech be always be gracious...
Col 4:6

3 comments:

  1. yumma socks! I may have to make some for Joelle. I agree that those little words are so sweet.

    jodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops
    i missed 'hi' and 'thank-you'

    ReplyDelete
  3. LilyPie continues to expand her lexicon; this week she added "happy birthday!"

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)