Friday, February 15, 2008

some days it's easier to find joy....

Take yesterday, for example.
Yesterday was a busy day, but there were lots of good moments.
We were gone pretty much the whole day.
Actually, we were only home
long enough for the little ones to take short naps
while I made some cookies (with store-bought dough, at that)
and package them up as gifts for some of our widow ladies.
~
Both times it was time to leave the Playplace,
(yes, we went to McD’s twice…see line 3 above)
the boys were so good!
I was proud of them;
I realize this is behavior I expect out of them,
but still
I have to think it’s hard for them to leave cheerfully
when they’ve been having so much fun!
I have a hard time putting down a book I enjoy…
~
Everyone was happy with the Valentine treats I chose for them.
That brought me joy
because I tried to get them something they’d be tickled with
and I did.
and
I just like to see my children happy
~
We had a good visit with Lana’s new doctor.
It was nice to have her health problems taken seriously
and come up with a course of action.
He wants her well by May also!
We appreciated that so much
~
We were able to bless several ladies
with flowers and cookies and a visit
and the boys didn’t embarrass us
(well, I suppose I was mildly embarrassed
when they walked into a house uninvited
But, I’d not informed them not to.
Usually, when you go to someone’s house, you go in…)
~
Lily has this new way of talking that is just precious!
She says lots of words and adds to her vocabulary almost daily.
But this talking is different.
She jabbers, but it isn’t regular baby babbling.
She holds her mouth differently
She changes her facial expressions - a lot
Her voice inflections change.
Some ‘sentences’ end high - as if she’s asked a question
and sometimes, she’ll give a little chuckle
as if she said something funny.
I have no clue what it is she is telling me
but she’s telling me something.
~
I enjoy it so much
it just about makes me cry.
I’d love to record it,
but I’m not sure she’d talk the same with the recorder on her.
We’ll have to try it anyways
~
Some days finding joy is easy
other days, like today, it’s a bit harder.
~
I woke up sore
but I’d slept plenty.
It’s gloomy outside.
The house was a wreck
(see line 3 above)
I was out of my Momma Tea that I drink every day
and had trouble finding my recipe to make more.
I detest looking for things!
I just made up a new recipe.
It may be the same as the old one
Who knows??
The boys (Jeremiah & Josiah)
have been
challenging
~
I snuck into my bedroom with a cup of tea
(it was good - maybe even a bit better than the previous batch!)
and picked up my Bible
and turned to Leviticus
Why on earth did I choose Leviticus when I’m grouchy??
I finished Nehemiah a few days ago and am still chewing on it.
There are some pretty good parenting tips in Nehemiah.
Back to Leviticus….
I got a headache trying to keep track of the different offerings.
I probably already had the headache and just noticed it…
I’m not really sure why it’s important for us
- today -
to know the who, what, when, where, why, and how
of all the different offerings.
Maybe God will show me someday
maybe I’ll just learn what little I can handle…..
Reading the sins that necessitated an offering was interesting.
and convicting.
Maybe I should have the kids memorize Leviticus!
“If the whole Israelite community sins unintentionally
and does what is forbidden in any of the Lord’s commands,
even though the community is unaware of the matter,
they are guilty”
Wow!
ignorance really is no excuse!
and there’s lots more where that came from…
I am so glad we have a merciful Father
and
I’m really glad we no longer have to keep track of the offerings.
that
brings me joy, today

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I'm in Leviticus right now in my Bible readings... I've thought the same thing... but it's in the Bible, so there's gotta be a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The symbolism of the different kinds of offering are very interesting when you learn them. I used the McGee commentary when I read through Leviticus. I only got through part of the book b/c, well, I don't remember why but I did. The pictures of Jesus' sacrifice in the offerings is very sweet. I wonder what the priests of Jesus' day thought. I wonder if some came to believe and were then awed by what God had revealed through the ceremonies that they had been doing for years. Leviticus was J. V. McGee's favorite book if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like Leviticus!!! But maybe not on happyhappy days:P

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)