Tuesday, March 18, 2008

you know you're a homeschoolin' family...

...when
a package arrives in the mail
and everyone fights over the contents
for hours
and your 15 yr old son is happy he's the first one up
the next day
'cause he gets first dibs on it.....
and
this
is what was in the package.
~
We've wanted this book for years!
When I first started looking for it,
it was out of print
and copies were selling for over a hundred bucks!
I've had it on my wish list at half.com
ever since.
I occasionally get an e-mail
telling me they've got one for sale,
but the price is usually still to steep for my blood.
but last week
someone had one
for only $18
(plus the over-priced shipping, of course)
~
thank-you, Lord, for your provision!!

4 comments:

  1. Ooo interesting. I love my history book right now. But upon reading it I have grown in my contemt of the 60s and early 70s lefties. Anyway it is really good. I have learned that things that we generally take for granted as true in history, are really just left ideas. Some of it goes over my head but generally I know what I am reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see this book! I've always wanted it too. We have a couple of books like it that my guys read and just stare at constantly. Ooh, we just love books!
    Luv,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is such a COOOOOL book!
    Brandon and I were looking at it, and we were both enthralled - there are the egyptians, that's a painting from ancient greece... Sigh, so cool!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)