Wednesday, April 9, 2008

snack-time

ordinarily
when the boys get in the fridge
and 'fix' their own snack
I get a little irritated.
but
how could I complain
when they chose this??
on an entirely different note
I had to brag on Jeremiah;
A wise man keeps himself under control
but a fool gives full vent to anger
and
"I think what you meant
was
'okay, Momma, thank-you anyways'"
is something that is heard
pretty often around here.
~
Last Thursday
Jeremiah asked me if he could do something
and I told him, "no".
he looked at me
smiled
and said,
"okay, Momma. Thank-you anyways!"
he's worked really hard to keep
this attitude ever since.
~
Jeremiah,
you sure do please God and Momma and Papa!

2 comments:

  1. :) I love those lightbulb moments when something we've repeated over and over clicks. Nate has done that a few times in the past week or two. (btw, I love your blog!)
    brannan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the best part of that story about jeremiah, for me, was when he asked for something else later,was told no, and then started to fit, stopped himself, asked "what did I say before? - Thank-you anyways"
    :P

    what a precious little man!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)