Friday, July 4, 2008

fireworks

We went shopping for fireworks on Tuesday evening.

Usually
by the 1st of July
we’ve already gone several times
and could tell you the cheapest and best place
to get any type of firework.
But this year
both time and money have been in short supply
so we were just going to wait and go on the Fourth.
Poor Brandon just couldn’t stand it,
so Daddy had mercy and we went Tuesday.
First
we did our usual
run to Alma and decide everything costs too much.
We decided that next year - we’ll just skip that part.
Then we headed to south Fort Smith
and checked every tent
before we could finally start shopping.
We are such savvy firework shoppers!
Really
it’s a great way to teach your children how to spend wisely.
It didn’t take long for Jeremiah & Josiah to understand
if we buy fountains from this tent
you can get four;
if you buy them from that tent
you can get 5
for the same amount of money!
They were quick to decide
they wanted to get the most for their money!



I love taking my boys shopping for fireworks!
I
Personally
don’t get all that into it
(other than to remember what you want to buy where)
but I have so much fun going with them.
I didn’t know that until a few years ago;
firework shopping was always Dad’s department
I was usually home with a baby
or in the car with a baby…..

~
When Jeremiah was 2 ½
and Josiah just a little over 1 and learning to walk
(and behaving better in the car)
I went along for the ride.
Nobody fell asleep
so I went shopping with them.
And I realized I’d been gypped all those years!
I was so tickled watching Jeremiah get so excited over
every
single
firework.
Then
we’d come home and shoot ‘em off
and we had to go get more.
(now that I knew how much fun shopping for fireworks was
I was more willing to let them spend more money on fireworks)
And that was how we ended up locking Jeremiah
in the running car
at the fireworks stand…..
~
Happy Independence Day

3 comments:

  1. How fun!!! We just watched the fireworks that other were illegally setting off!:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the cool thing about living here ~ we're perfectly legal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke and I went to a little stand, the type that's shaped like a snowcone booth, kinda, where the people sit right there and hand you the fireworks off the wall - they were really nice... Anyway, so they were friendly, then they reccomended somethin$g called the.. never-ending fountain? Everlasting fountain? Something like that.
    And so, it was $7.50 - in the budget, and we bought it, hesitantly, but they said it was "really good" "worth it" "one of our favorites".
    And, when we lit it (we'd saved it for last, after our sundry little things from our 'yankee doodle bag', our 2 parachutes, our 6 small artillery shells and our 2 roman candles) I was nervous that our big foutnain would be a dud and we'd have nothing cool with which to redeem ourselves.
    But, it was BEAUTIFUL! I loved it :)
    *sigh* it made me happy.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)