Friday, August 29, 2008

books n boys make me smile

Up until a week ago
we hadn't been to the library in ages!
Honestly
the thought of taking these 2 boys
to the library was
less
than appealing.
We decided to give it a whirl.
It's been fun to introduce them
to some of our old favorites.
Charlotte Mason may consider them twaddle.
I don't know.... and I don't really care.
I hadn't told the boys to read;
they just went in
and each picked a book from the library basket
and got comfortable.
A Putter and Tabby for Josiah
and Jeremiah picked his new favorite book
(if you have never read Seven Silly Eaters
you've got to check it out at the library
the illustrations are great!!)
~
Several minutes later
I found them in a chair
together;
Jeremiah 'reading' to his little bro.

that
makes me smile a lot.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet boys! (and wonderful books - seven silly eaters is one of my favorites!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Seven Silly Eaters! What a book to soothe the mama soul. I can just feel that mom's tiredness! Mr. Putter and Tabby -- oh, the joy! I love when he uses underwear to shoot pears over the house! Hilarious! How can this be twaddle? No way!
    Love,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... that brings back memories of when I was little and we'd spend afternoon getting book from the library, or when I was even younger and my sister would "read" to me...

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)