Monday, November 10, 2008

perfect ways to start the day

Off the top of my head
there are four perfect ways to greet the day.
Of course,
this has changed over the years....
~
The first
would be snuggling with my hubby
but, that doesn't happen nearly often enough.
~
Not necessarily second in preference,
a steaming (pretty) cup of perfectly doctored
decaf french vanilla coffee, lovingly prepared and delivered
starts the day off pretty nicely, too.
~
Still being in bed
and getting to see that first sleepy smile
when Lily wakes up and sees that I am there.
Oh so sweet!!!
~
And now the newest -
hearing the pitter patter of Lily's bare little feet
(somewhat unsteady
as they support her weight for the first time in hours)
just before seeing her huge smile, wide eyes, and outstretched arms
as she runs to me
after getting out of bed all by herself.
mmmm
God sure knew what He was doing,
starting people off as babies!!

2 comments:

  1. Samuel still can't get out of his bed. Unfortunately his big sister helps him...

    Yesterday they surprised me with a mess of toilet paper, baby powder and diaper cream all over themselves, their bedroom and ours!! Ugh!

    Will have to revamp the nap time arrangements...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be our wonderful J&J duo......

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)