Wednesday, January 7, 2009

beat ya to the car

I was challenged
so I had to....
oddly enough
I lost.
~
I think I nearly gave a lady a heart attack, though.
I don't suppose she'd ever seen
a forty year old
37 weeks pregnant woman
barrelling through the Hobby Lobby parking lot.
I wasn't exactly running like a gazelle, mind you;
it was more of a waddling
I hope my maryjane mules don't come flying off shuffle.
but she seemed a bit stunned anyways.
~
When we made it to the car
Josiah says,
"Well, I guess I just always win when I race you.
I win the pee race, too!"
But then
after the next fabric store
("How many fabric stores are there?!" he wondered)
he let me win.
~
I know
it's pretty pathetic
when a 3 yr old has to let you win.

2 comments:

  1. laughing my butt off reading this.. [i'm such a visual person!] glad he 'let' you win the last one.. no need for labor in a fabric store parking lot! hmmm could be a funny story though! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny!

    Can't wait to see your lovely new baby!

    Great work on the crafts.

    I would pay you shipping to borrow your books but I don't want to create more work for you since you are already sooooo busy! I wonder if shipping the books here and back would equal the cost of buying them used on amazon? Thanks for the sweet offer and let me know!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)