Saturday, March 21, 2009

happy happy

It makes me so happy
to look out the window
and see freshly tilled dirt!
Although, this
is more accurately what I see.....
(we decided to keep the garden where we originally put it)
Of course,
I'll be even happier
to see
food
growing out there!
* * *
The tiller always make me think of Tony....
We were pretty broke when we moved out here;
the other house hadn't sold yet
so we were still making payments on both properties
and paying double utilities.
After researching tillers,
we really wanted to buy one with rear tines
but those are the expensive kind...
So,
Tony - 13 years old at the time - bought one for us!
Eventually the house sold and we paid him back.
But
when he bought it
it was a gift, he never expected to be paid back.
I can't use the tiller
without thinking of his love for us
and his generosity towards us.
~
I wanted to do some of the tilling yesterday.
I figured it'd be a twofer;
I could also count it as my exercise for the day.
Silly me
I was remembering my tilling with a front-tine tiller days.
Boy, you really have to manhandle those!
Tilling with this tiller
doesn't even qualify as a workout.
~
Thanks, Tony!
And thank-you, Tyler
for making this year
The Year of the Garden.
I love you

2 comments:

  1. oh Tracy,I'd love to have a garden that size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green grass too! Our yard is still under snow! Can't wait to get out there and dig in the dirt too!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)