Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed

I tend to get a little distracted when I'm on the phone.
(waiting while family rolls eyes)
Okay
real distracted.
I do dumb things
like
put diapers in the freezer instead of the trashcan
and throw paychecks away.
That sort of thing.
~
I was sewing
(turns out - I prefer stippling over straight-line quilting!)
and talking on the phone with Lana
when I noticed the house was awfully quiet
and I hadn't seen Lily in a few (many?) minutes.
So I went looking.
Being a tiny house
it didn't take long to find her.
I saw a jar of peanut butter outside the bathroom door.
I peeked in.
"Oh, she's cleaning herself up.
She helped herself to some peanut butter."
I said into the phone as I walked out.
A minute later I walked back to the bathroom
where Lily was happily continuing her very wet cleanup job.
And I realized.
She can't reach the sink
and
there is no water in the tub.
EEWWWW

1 comment:

  1. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
    Yuck!
    Since you were on the phone with me, that doesn't make it my fault, does it?

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)