Wednesday, April 8, 2009

once in a blue moon

Luke and Lana came and woke us up this morning
so we could celebrate Birkat Hachamah with them.

I knew they were coming
but it was a surprise for everyone else.
(well, I did sort of give Tyler a heads-up so he wouldn't
go roaming the house in the morning
in nothing but his skivvies - or less)

I was a little afraid they might try to wake us up with a shofar
but I suppose Lana forgot Paul has one;
otherwise, she would have surely borrowed it.

So, as the sun was just beginning to rise
my family was getting on the roof.
Except the roof was icy
(in April!)
so they quickly hopped in the Suburban
and headed to the cemetery
for a better view
(I stayed home with the girls)


I am so thankful that Lana made this happen for all of us.
When she told me about it,
I thought it was cool
and I love a reason to celebrate
especially a once every 28 year occasion!
But I just wasn't up for doing any planning;
my plate was already full...
~
Lana,
next time, your daughter and her hubby
can be in charge of Birkat Hachamah

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)