Monday, May 18, 2009

are they all yours?

I actually don't get that question as often as you might think,
but when I do
I have a standard answer.
"Yes, they are all my
but they aren't all of mine."
(I've never gotten that question when we're all out together)
We were out today
buying Lexi a seat
(I would have gone with pink, but we didn't think
Lana would enjoy putting boys in a pink seat, so we stayed neutral...)
and
some fabric for Jeremiah;
he needs a quilt now, too.
anyway
not once
not twice
but three times today
we got the question.
And all three times
the 'askers' responded so sweetly!
They said how nice it was that we had so many children
and how well-behaved all the kids were.
Two of the ladies
made it a point to talk to each of the kids
which I found quite thoughtful.
~
thanks, kiddos
for being so good!
and in a fabric store - at that
I love you.
all
of you!

4 comments:

  1. :)

    Awww, you don't have to think of my babies when you buy your baby something!
    But we do appreciate it.
    And just so you know, I love Lily's dresses that I helped you pick out at the growing kids sale and I DEFINATELY think you should make her some more reversible sundresses!
    heehee :)
    you're a good grandma (you need to pick your grandma name! I think dad is already 'poppa' or 'papa' b/c Luke has been calling him that. Hope he doesn't mind!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, ordinarily, I'd be thinking of MY future babies, so my grandbabies are the next logical consideration.

    Nice try - but I think we'll be able to whip up some sundresses in your choice of fabric as needed :-)

    ahHA
    so I DO get to pick my grandma name!
    What goes with Papa
    and is 'me'?? I just don't know yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not a Bumbo, is it??

    Did you read about the Bumbo Blowout Phenomenon? Cure all for constipation, I hear on BabyCenter. ;-)

    As for names, Poppie and Mammie are the French nicknames.

    All is going great here. Etienne has his passport and is ready to travel! Two months and we'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm - nope, hadn't heard about that - but it does make sense.....
    not that it would make them poo - but when they did poo - it would not have anywhere to go but up.
    so far so good... :-)

    looking forward to seeing you all!!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)