Monday, May 11, 2009

no gifts for Mother's Day

I don't think I'll be getting any gifts for Mother's Day
for the next ten years or so.
Which is just fine by me.
Except,
I do still need that tortilla warmer....
~
Everyone
(especially Tyler!)
was so ridiculously generous.
~
Luke & Lana gave me a stacking cooling rack.
I may have coveted hers
I definitely drooled over it;
they got some of the greatest kitchen gadgets & goodies!
~
Lily & Lexi
(with a whole lotta help from Papa)
gave me an air conditioner.
It should be able to cool off the living room
as well as the dining room
and probably even the kitchen, too,
most of the time.
I can't tell you how nice it will be to not sweat
while nursing a baby!
~
The little boys bought some heavy duty extension cords
from The Papa Store
so we can actually use the A/C.
They also gave me an easy-clean hummingbird feeder
(I really like that easy-clean part!)
When we first began practicing for sitting in church,
we used a hummingbird feeder.
Weird, I know
but effective.
We sat for fairly long periods of time
on either the swing or the picninc table
- still & silent -
so that the hummingbirds would come.
~
The big boys gave me a portable hard drive
so we can safely store all of our pictures.
About 5 or 6 years ago
our computer fried
- literally -
smoke was pouring out of it!
We lost about 2 years of pictures
because we hadn't backed them up.
Everything we own is replaceable
except our photos.
~
TJ installed a new faucet for me in the bathroom.
Any time the old faucet was used
while water was also being used elsewhere
it leaked.
As in
flush the toilet then wash your hands
=
leaky faucet.
Not a big deal for the big people.
We make adjustments.
But the little people?
The little people don't even notice it's leaking.
So
water would run out of the faucet
filling up the right front corner of the counter-top
then just spill onto the floor.
Ugh!!!
no more water leaking
=
happy momma
~
Of course, there was also
the usual flowers
although, this year's were purchased, not hand-picked
but still quite lovely.
And three delicious meals.
and
So
you see
I really don't need any gifts for Mother's Day
again
for quite some time.
~
Thank-you all!!
I love you
to the moon
and
back
and
all the way to Uncle Scott & Aunt Jackie's house
a thousand times

1 comment:

  1. well, I certainly can get you something for next mother's day as our gift this year wasn't that nice or expensive :)
    But I am glad you liked it... I wonder what else I had that you 'envied' (that I could afford!!)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)