Thursday, October 15, 2009

you don't always know

The morning had started early;
I was frazzled.
again.
I fixed a half-cup of my GFIC decaf
and headed to my rocking chair.
I just wanted to 'still' a moment.
I needed peace.
uninterrupted quiet.
The door opened.
I felt frustration rising.
Can't these kids leave me in peace for two minutes??
Josiah
fresh from sleep
and completely unaware of his momma's state
headed in and climbed in my lap.
And
I held him.
And he held me.
And I stilled.
And
I realized
you don't always know what you think you know.
I thought I needed time alone
but what I really needed was a long sweet snuggle.
~
You just don't always know.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet, I can't wait to have a little one to snuggle, that is my favorite part!!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)