Monday, January 18, 2010

walkin'

I was about to go to bed without writing;
I'd already turned out the light.
But I realized
I've not been very good at cataloging Lexi's accomplishments.
I suppose
if I were to be completely honest
it's partly due to the misguided thinking that
If I don't record it, maybe it didn't happen.
As if.
~
The girl walked halfway across the living room!
almost 5 ft!!
The boys have proclaimed her 'a walker'
but I am not so eager to bestow that title just yet.
I know how it works;
one day
they walk.
And then,
just a few days later
they walk out the door.
for keeps.
and I'm just not ready for that yet.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulation on this milestone! I have reallY struggled with this as Caleb and Claire recently turned 17 & 16. Having Izzy here helps some, but she is walking and learning new stuff all the time. It doesn't help that they grow so independent and talk of near future plans.. my heart trembles at the thought of them walking out the door, and I have to cling to the fact that God has these awesome plans for their lives. I have to cling to that... I love seeing how other little grow and change. They are so anxious to grow and leave - if they only knew...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I am almost in tears! :-)

    Etienne is 8 1/2 months and just starting to crawl - barely. I had the same thoughts as you did last night as I watched him work to coordinate his movements. ...may he always use such intensity in life.

    Love you all!
    K

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)