Thursday, February 4, 2010

in the middle of the night

I snuggled close,
my nose mere centimeters from her satin cheek.
I breathed her in,
Perfection.
Her eyebrows
Her mischievous blue-gray eyes, closed in peaceful sleep
That button nose
Oh, how I love those cheeks.
And I am amazed.
(again)
How could I
have anything at all
to do with such exquisite beauty?
~
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well
Psalm 139:13-14

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing to have a little miracle right there, so close, so beautiful, so peaceful and trusting. The gentle breathing and involuntary reflexes in restful sleep, the tiny toes and rosy cheeks... Isn't it sweet the miracle you have

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Oh, I can't wait!! One of my favorite things to do is lay down with a newborn asleep on my chest, precious!!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)