Monday, February 8, 2010

a little help, please??

I bought a shirt from the thrift shop
but it has sun-bleached streaks on one arm.
I passed it up when I went last week
but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted it
so I went back today to get it.
I asked if they'd let me have it for half-off since I'd have to fix it...
so I got it, and the tank that goes with it for $2

(isn't this the coolest fabric?)

How do I fix it??
Can I just dye it?
I like the color - I'd want something close....
Do I need to remove the color, then dye it?
What do you think?
Help!
~
I also picked up a few shirts to reconstruct.
I was showing the kids,
"I got this to make a dress for Lily
and these to make tight little pants and maybe shirts, too for Lex'..."
Lily grabbed a sweater and held it up to her chest,
"Is this to make a dress for me?"
"No," I chuckled,
"that's actually just a sweater for me to wear as is."
"Too bad." replied Tony, "Looks like it'd make great leggins"

3 comments:

  1. haha :) You bought something to wear as is? Man, I never made it to Rags last week. I need to go thriftstoring soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought you 2 shirts to wear as is, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really?! i am so very excited :)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)