Monday, March 1, 2010

the new challenge

"I never realized money would be such a motivator for you."
That's what he said last year
after issuing my post-baby fitness challenge
(which I wholeheartedly embraced)
I haven't had my own spending money since I was 18!
Sure
I've gotten a bit of birthday and Christmas money
but
quite honestly
up until a few years ago
that money just sort of got absorbed into the household.
Nearly a thousand dollars
all to myself??
Oh yeah, I was all over that!
I finished the challenge Feb 16th
- not as strong as I would have preferred -
exercising 309 out of 352 days.
And now
I have a Momma Account
(actually - the teller spelled it wrong - I have a 'Moma' acct.)
with 927 smack-a-roos.
~
While I'm developing some good habits,
I thought another challenge
this year
might help those habits
really stick.
Tyler lovingly obliged
but not before adding up how much money he might be out this time.
~
Oddly enough
the Olympics
really messed up my exercising groove.

The irony isn't lost on me.
Anyways.
My new challenge begins today
and will be
- well -
more challenging
but certainly not unattainable
which is just how challenges should be.

~*~

exercise will be a combination of cardio and strength-training

120 minutes per week = $5
Every week with 180 minutes = a bonus of $1 per day exercised
(a 'day' is a minimum of 20 minutes to qualify for bonus)
a minimum of 42 weeks with 150 minutes
(which is the real goal, here. 150 minutes, not 42 weeks...)
gets me $12 per week (instead of just the $5)
1 hour/day maximum
meaning
I can't make up the whole week
on Saturday and Sunday....
~
27 minutes down
123 to go

5 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! I love it. I thought you looked great yesterday when I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy Oh Boy! Alicia is working me to my limit and beyond at the gym. Wish I was getting paid for that!!!! A most excellent job Tracy! congrats on reaching your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations. I'm sure you can do the next challenge - it'll be good for you too :)
    The olympics messed up my groove a little, and then me and Aiden both being sick completely annihilated the groove.

    Time to make a new groove.
    Motivator: losing baby fat before I get pregnant again and gain it all back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. but what are you gonna do with all that money? Is a tulsa shopping trip in order? I would love to go with you and help you spend your money on you :)
    I helped Hannah spend money in Oct, and it was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could have Lish as a PT - she'll get you whipped into shape in no time! As much as I hate doing the 30 day shred while I'm doing it - I love it when I'm done, because I know it was a REAL workout.

    I don't know yet what all I'm gonna spend my $$ on ~ I have lots of ideas.... I'm not ready for clothes-shopping, yet, though. which, honestly, is why Dad offered the challenge; he figured I'd need all new clothes after all that exercise....sadly, not quite how it worked out BUT - at least I didn't GAIN weight.... and I did lose some... (just not as much as I'd hoped I would)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)