Wednesday, July 28, 2010

always something to learn

I'm working on a pattern
so I can make Tyler some linen pants for his upcoming trip to Belize.
It probably wasn't the smartest idea
to use a pair of knit jammies
as my guide....
Once I get all the wrinkles (haha - wrinkles - get it?)
worked out of his pattern
I'll get to work on Ton's pattern.
one thing at a time....
I learned a lot making my first muslin
- actually out of muslin, ironically -
most importantly
I learned that you should
sew your muslin with basting stitches.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the joy of sewing! I'm working on a few skirts for Claire... my lesson? Talk to daughter about choice of material with a specific with the skirt so they line up... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)