Saturday, July 31, 2010

enough already

I'm about to start getting frustrated!
Now
my washer is messed up, too.
I put in a load at 4:06
which was really a bit late
'cause it'd be about 5 before I could get it on the line;
the line is in the shade by then, so things dry more slowly.
I figured it's hot enough, though, today
that the clothes would be dry by dusk anyways.
At 5:17
I noticed that the washer was just on the rinse cycle.
"Hmm."
I said to myself,
"That's funny.
I thought a load took about 45 minutes.
Over an hour? You'd think I would've figured that out by now.
Huh!"
13 minutes later,
I know.
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.
13 minutes later,
it was still filling up to rinse.
"What the heck? We aren't using any water anywhere.
Hmm."
So I reset the load level to Lg instead of X-Lg,
expecting it to stop filling and move on to the actual rinsing.
Five minutes later
(I was busy, ok?)
I hear that the water is still going!
I went back to the washer
and looked inside.
No water.
It was just draining out
as it was filling.
There was a washer full of water
when I switched the load size
5 minutes earlier!
~
grrr


1 comment:

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)