Thursday, July 29, 2010

hmmm

So
we got this new store.
People
have been talking.
We
have been counting down the days.
Finally
today, at 9:00
they opened.

Savers.
~
Frankly
I was a little disappointed.
Yes
it is incredibly well-laid out;
everything is organized by size and by color.
I actually think it will do very well here;
there are people who would never darken the doors
of the Salvation Army Thrift Store
or Abilities Unlimited
who would certainly be comfortable shopping at Savers.
But.
I was expecting to find bargains.
Real bargains.
And I did not.
I doubt I'll be buying clothes there to re-make.
Which
I guess is okay
'cause I do have quite a stack already...
~
Perhaps
if I had gone looking for clothes for myself
- to wear as is -
I might have been more thrilled
but for once in my life
I already have all the clothes I need....
~
I'm not writing the store off by any means,
I just wasn't thrilled with it
like I was expecting to be
~
One good thing that has come of this
is that the folks at the Sal Army Thrift Store
have been cleaning up the place.
I just hope they aren't planning to jack up the prices, too.
It don't look that good!

4 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about the Savers store, but didn't know it had opened. Much too busy to check it out now. Did Papa give you the stuff from me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they have maternity stuff? How ironic that at the only time in your life you have all the clothes you need, i have about as few options that fit as i've ever had ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they have maternity stuff? How ironic that at the only time in your life you have all the clothes you need, i have about as few options that fit as i've ever had ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine they have maternity, but I didn't look at ladies clothes at all.

    'Net ~ yes, I got the goodies ~ thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)