Monday, October 11, 2010

that was...unexpected


I am not Jeremiah's favorite person in the world.
Never have been - even as a tiny baby he preferred Papa
(which I thought was so unfair!
I  was the one nursing him, for goodness sake!)
I'm really fine with it now, though.
I think boys should prefer their dad,
just not 3 month old boys....

Jeremiah also despises shopping.
with a passion.
So when he kept telling me,
 "This is the best time I've ever had with you!"
with a huge grin on his round little face
I was more than a little surprised.
We were clothes shopping!


I decided to make an evening of it and take him to dinner, too.
Of course, he chose Marketplace Grill.
Ton' was working so we got good service :-)
(Ton' also talked me into letting the boy have a Sprite, 
which was a huge mistake)

I don't know when the last time was
that I took just Jeremiah somewhere.
He prefers to stay home; Josiah always wants to go.
Consequently, Josiah gets time alone with Momma fairly often.
I have a feeling, though,
 that maybe
now that he knows it's kinda fun
he might want to go shopping with me more often.
Then again, he might not..
He'd tried on 5 things - 3 of which didn't come close to fitting
and he told me, "Well, now you know what size I need
 so you can just go by yourself to buy it for me next time."
mmhmm.
Lest you think he forgot all about his deep love for his papa
while spending an evening out with me - never fear.
He wanted to stop at the car wash on the way home
so we could wash Daddy's car for him as a surprise.
That boy does love his Papa!!

and, Jeremiah - Momma loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)