Friday, October 29, 2010

the week in review - ish


1.
The boys started Taekwondo yesterday.
Of course it goes without saying,
they love it!

2.
As I was filling out their information cards (for Taekwaondo)
I looked up and saw my very dearest girlfriend,
the one who knows pretty much all my ugly
and loves me anyways.
Her boys were going to start the class, too!
So we got to catch up a bit, which was a nice treat.

3.
Finally admitted that our freezer was dead.
Instead of a freezer to replace it, though,
we bought a brand new almost big side by side fridge.
Which meant moving the old fridge
(which now looks really junky...)
back into the kitchen.

4.
I am officially an old lady.
I covered my flowers with sheets last night
to protect them from the potential freeze.
My porch thermometer apparently read 32 this morning;
I wasn't up that early, so I can't say for sure.
Maybe the kids were just trying make me feel better
about
being an old lady now?

5.
It turns out
That the guy we bought the fridge from
is a budget-conscious builder.
And he is happy to share his tips and subs with us.
He also took us on a tour of his latest house
which he built for $50 a sq. ft.
Which is what we hope to do
(if we build)
and everybody says can't be done....

6.
The big new of the week is
Lexi has gone without momma during the night
for the past two nights.
Wednesday
I was just exhausted all day
after getting up 30 plus times with Lexi the night before.
Poor girl came down with a cold and was having a miserable time.
I was so tired, I wasn't sure I could make it to her 1 a.m. sleeptime
and thought I'd just try to put her to bed early around 11:30.
Lets just leave it at things didn't go well
and I behaved badly
and Daddy woke up and took over.

7.
I still am completely exhausted
and my under-eye bags are bigger than ever.
Of course, 
just 'cause I'm not tending to Lex' during the night
doesn't mean I'm sleeping perfectly.
And even if I were
I suppose it takes more than 2 nights 
to make up for over 7 years of chronic sleep deprivation.
But maybe the end is in sight.

Speaking of the end being in sight,
somebody needs a diaper change...

for more seven quick takes, visit Jen

1 comment:

  1. 1. YAY! boys! I always wanted to do that! but now that I am old with sensitivities, I would just get hurt!
    2. I don't think you have ANY ugly!
    3. YAY! new fridge! it was funny that tony got the old one stuck in the doorway...
    4. hahaha....does covering the flowers REALLY make one old? I think not.
    5.wouldn't you just LOVE to prove everybody wrong? No high end finishes here tho....
    6.you behaved badly? hmmmmmm
    7.wow....I would be SUCH a bear, I hope you can start getting a little more sleep!That would explain #6!love you!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)