Wednesday, November 17, 2010

works for me!


As Brandon was taking out the dreaded trash 
a few weeks ago
he said, "I think this is the best thing we've ever done!"

Now that's something you don't hear every day.
(from a twelve year old - especially!)

A year or two ago
- I forget exactly how long it was -
I moved our giant roll of Member's Mark trash bags
to the bottom of the trash can.
I was tired of having to remind boys to put in a new bag
e v e r y
time
they took out the trash.
They'd pull the full bag out
tie it and take it outside
and then disappear,
forgetting to come back
grab a fresh bag out of the cabinet
and re-line the can.

Now they take the full bag out
put a new one in
('cause it's just right there!)
tie the bag
and they're on their way.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)