Friday, December 10, 2010

clarification


Yesterday evening a gal told me, 
“I’ve heard your baby is like this one.” 
She pointed to her youngest, “Spoiled and mean.”  
I bristled.
 Lexi may be a handful. 
She’s determined and willful. She doesn’t sleep much. 
She’s adventurous and mischievous. 
She’s argumentative.
 And opinionated. 
She hasn’t yet learned to share very well. 
She’s loud. She’s stubborn.
 Lexi is lots of things. 
But Lexi is not spoiled and mean.

Yes. 
We sometimes affectionately call her The Beastie. 
I may have even called her a beast
 (without the endearing ‘ie’) 
once or twice when my own patience had worn thin. 
Challenging? 
Yes. 
But not spoiled and mean.

She is already rapidly outgrowing her nickname
Which, incidentally, came from a much loved children’s book
If, by calling her ‘The Beastie’, 
I have left anyone with the impression that our Lex’ is a horrid creature
 well, I apologize.
She’s pretty much like all the rest of our babies.
 A sinner in need of a Savior.  
A huge handful. 
And very very loved.

4 comments:

  1. Ugghhh, bringing out the Mama Bear in me too, just reading this! Don't let it steal your joy! Your children are PRECIOUS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not get that from your blog at all! all I read is love for your family. That woman had a lot of nerve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I just think ALL my nieces and nephews are perfect. SO THERE!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)