Saturday, December 18, 2010

fingerprints and following


As I type
Tyler is at the police department
being fingerprinted.
My good hubby ~ who'd a thunk?!

****
My sweet friend, Renee, posted a quote on facebook the other day
that perfectly captured where we are at right now.
Or at least, where I am.
 “The true follower of Christ will not ask,
 ‘If I embrace this truth what will it cost me?’ 
Rather, he will say, ‘This is truth. God help me to walk in it.
 Let come what may.’”


On Monday, we turned in paperwork
requesting to become the legal guardians of
and U.S. sponsors for Marcos.
Marcos is currently in a detention center
in south Texas, where he was caught after illegally entering the US.
When I think about what this may cost me
I get overwhelmed;
but when I think about what it would cost
to not walk in the path God has laid out for us
well
that's just not acceptable.
And so we walk.
Let come what may.

(for those unfamiliar with these types of proceedings - the fingerprints
are just one of many hoops to jump through for our government)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)