Thursday, December 16, 2010

how's that??


I mis-spoke,
which is quite common.
Once upon a time
I'd realize something didn't come out quite right
and ask the kids, "What did I just say?"
I don't usually even catch myself anymore
and it's only when the kids look at me weird
or question me
that I realize 
I've done it again.

After calling French Toast 
waffles
- and being corrected - 
Lily asked, "Why do you do that?"
I said,
"Well, I'm trying to recover from a seven year sleep deprivation."
Jeremiah thought a second,
"So, that means,
you've only had this problem since I was born."
Then the light dawned
and he looked at me with a sheepish grin.


3 comments:

  1. Lol! He's one smart cookie! I mis-speak all the time, but never thought to blame that on my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I hear you sister! 7 years and counting (in two weeks) :-)

    One other thing - saw doctor again yesterday. He admitted his mistake. Now if we can only find the real cause instead of guessing...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    Thanks for sharing this link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at pursuingjoy.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


    Thanks,
    John

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)