Monday, April 4, 2011

lesson learned


I walked in the dining room
to find Marcos standing in front of my sewing table.
I went over to ask him what he was looking for,
but before I got any words out, 
I saw
what it was he wanted.
He had my sewing scissors.
unsheathed.
in his hands.
"What do you think you're doing with those?"
I shrieked.
He looked at me as if it was the most normal thing in the world,
"I was just going to cut something outside."
?!?
I don't remember exactly what transpired next
except the scissors were returned to safety
and Tyler later said,
 "I'm just glad the boy's still alive."

I don't think he'll make that mistake again.

3 comments:

  1. Whew! BIG sigh of relief! The scissors are safe.
    Do I dare say that I once used my $40 sewing scissors to cut a styrofoam tube? They've NEVER worked the same! What was I thinking??? Big mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, my mother was the same way when I was little... of course, now we're all sewers and can appreciate this attitude a bit better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. started cutting cardboard once with those scissors. never did that again. never. now i understand, but even then, i just never did it again. now i get it
    ... marcos *might* think you are crazy, but at least everyone else knows, momma's ginghers (sp?) are OFF-LIMITS.
    i need some sewing scissors and some decent hair-cutting scissors. ... kitchen scissors don't cut it. well, they do cut, but, i mean, you know...

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)