Thursday, April 21, 2011

new tools



Remember my broom?
Of course you remember my broom.
Well,
when the pantry started coming together,
I decided to finally get a new one.
A pretty one, even.
the broom choice was easy.



Since I had a new broom,
of course I would need a new dust pan....

and had 'til the end of March to spend it.
Perfect!
I spent way to much time shopping,
but had a hard time figuring out just what to buy.
Then I remembered I wanted a new dustpan.
Preferably red.
Wouldn't that have been so cute??
I couldn't find a red one,
but I did find this awesome metal one

Doesn't it have a fantastic shape?
I figured I'd just spray paint it red...
Tickled, I ordered it
- and a loaf pan especially for making lemon cake -
for free :-)
(thanks, 'Net and CSN stores!)
I excitedly waited for my dust pan.
It had those lovely crinkly corners.
Yes, I am weird. Why do you ask??
Then, one day,
the UPS man brought me a very large box.
"What could be in such a big box?" the children wondered.
They weren't alone; I was curious myself.
We opened it
to
find 
the biggest dang dustpan you ever did see!



'Freakishly large'
I believe is how Tyler described it.
He actually felt a bit sorry for me;
I'd been so excited about my cute new dustpan...


Well,
cute, it's not
but it can hold it's own against all our dirt.
literally!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, I got tears coming out from laughing so hard! Thats hilarious! enjoy your new dust collector!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)