Friday, April 22, 2011

watching


...and listening



...and reading.
You want to know the must-read version of the crucifixion?
pages 286-309 of  the Jesus Storybook Bible.
I can't read it without crying.
I pre-read this afternoon,
 in a thoroughly unsuccessful attempt to keep the tears at bay.
Jeremiah said,
"Mom, you know the rest of the story; you don't need to cry!"
But I just can't help it.
~
The boys were kinda bummed
that we didn't make an Easter Mountain.
I hadn't realized it was so important to them;
we'll definitely have to make that happen next year.

1 comment:

  1. that is an awesome telling of the story. makes me cry too, i've been crying as i read it to Aiden and Kieron this week. not sobbing, but we only read one chapter at a time. Haven't read the resurrection yet, but Sunday's coming :D (we won't wait until then, though.)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)