Tuesday, June 21, 2011

the end of an era


A few months ago - back when things were especially
crazy
and I was hanging on by a thread
and my back was killing me
pretty much all the time
instead of only occasionally,
I decided to put away the cloth diapers
and just use paper.
Washing diapers really isn't that time consuming,
but I felt like I was adding something to my workload
that I didn't really have to.
Tony asked my if I was sad our cloth diapering days were over.
I quickly told him that they weren't over yet.
It was just a short break.
But the realization that they would
indeed
be over before terribly long did sting a little.

Last week
when I realized I wasn't stressed
every
single
day,
I pulled the diapers out,
threw away the ones that truly were unwearable
washed 'em all really good
and put one on my girl.
It made me happy.
Made Lex' pretty happy, too.
I started re-designing training pants in my head
(I never got around to making any for Lily....)
but I realized something today; 
We only go through a couple of diapers a day.
Lexi is doing super going on the potty!
They really need to be washed every other day.
It seems a little foolish
and wasteful
to run a load for 4 or 5 diapers.
And so, just like that
after 4 1/2 years
my cloth diapering days are over.

And yes, it makes me sad.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)