Monday, July 11, 2011

mmm


When you try to feed your kids healthy snacks,
fruit is a pretty good option.
(I'm sure open to suggestions in the healthy snack dept!!!)
but - everyone knows that fruit
ain't cheap.
(When you are feeding 9, nothing is cheap.....)
So to save a bit of money,
for the past several years
I've rarely eaten my own piece of fruit.
(big fruits, not things like grapes or strawberries)
I figure some of the kids
are going to leave some of their fruit
some of the time.
The rule is
'don't throw fruit away when you're finished'.
Sometimes they offer it to me as soon as they're finished;
sometimes I just find a half eaten apple lying on the counter.
It's a pretty good system
and I get plenty of fruit too,
for free :-)
Except that babies are getting bigger.
We just bought peaches for the first time this year.
And I haven't gotten any half peaches.
or even quarter-peaches.
I walked in the kitchen
to find one lone peach sitting in the fruit basket.
And so I ate it.
All by myself.


2 comments:

  1. Wahooooo!!! Wild applause from my side of the tracks!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how much fruit mom got when we were growing up? glad you had a peach! Hope it was so juicy it ran down your hand! lol

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)