Tuesday, July 26, 2011

probably had to be there...


The totes of diaper fabric were sitting on the floor
and on the top of one of the boxes,
visible through the clear lid,
was a scrap of fabric from suits I'd made for the girls.
I'd kept it, thinking it would be good 
for the side panels of the training pants
I designed in my head
but never got around to making.
Lexi looked at it and said, "My suit's in there."
Then she turned to me,
scrunched up her face and growled, 
"Why did you put my swimming suit in that box?!"
I opened the box and handed her the scrap
and said, "Here, try it on."
The look on her face was priceless.
She moaned, "o-ohh. It's broken."
oops - hadn't expected that...
I quickly showed her that her suit was
 in fact
not broken.

The boys and I laughed for a full minute.
Definitely one of those times
you wish you had a camera rolling!

2 comments:

  1. What Happened to being unplugged

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I may or may not be posting; this blog is a family journal,after all,
    so it doesn't fall under the unplug category"

    Thats whats up.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)