Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I knew a woman


I once knew a woman. 
She poured herself out taking care of her family. 
She gave and they took 
until one day she discovered she was empty. 
She’d forgotten to take care of herself
and found herself in a deep dark dessert valley
for more than two years. 
She cried out to God but He did not seem to hear her. 
She called out to a few friends, but they told her to run to God. 
She wanted to die. 
She prayed to die. 
But of course, God wasn’t listening. 

I knew a woman. 
And she was me.
~
I decided in April that I needed to fix my body,
 so that when God decided to fix the rest of me, I would be ready. 
I only wish I would have gone to see Dr Baker sooner.

I struggle with sharing this part of my life for several reasons. 
Mostly because I don’t wish to remember it;
 the past 26 months are better forgotten, I think. 
I'm not worried that you'll think less of me
(although you may)
because you can't possibly think any worse of me
than I do.
At this point (getting better, but not fully healed) 
the only good I can see of my time ‘in the valley’ 
is my husband’s love.
 I have always known he loved me. 
Loved me – period. 
But for the first time in my life, I felt unconditional love. 
Which is different from knowing.

I had planned on waiting until I was fully recovered, 
so I could share the ten step program for climbing out of the dessert. 
But I’m throwing it out here now
 because first of all, 
I don’t think there is a ten step program 
and secondly – because I want to say
 if you aren’t you - seek help now
please!  
Don’t wait 
until you truly believe the world would be better off without you.

Tyler told me last month
 that he really didn't 'believe in' hormone cream
  but he could clearly see it was working. 

Sometimes God heals people instantly. 
Sometimes, he uses modern medicine
 (as much as I hate to admit it ;-)
~
I knew a woman and she was me. 
But I am getting better.


3 comments:

  1. You are a wonderous woman!! I knew a dark valley - different than yours but it was dark. I did not know I was not me for years. The path out was my path out- different than yours. I have been me for years now. I like me. (not everything about me)You WILL BE BETTER!! You will like YOU!!
    You are a wonderful person!! You do give your all to your family and others. Lord Bless you on your path to healing and recovering, and give you time for you. Tyler is the best! He truly does love as Christ loves. Our heart goes out to you on your journey. You ARE a woman of Wonder. You Can do anything and that is true. Very Proud of you!
    Love and Prayers,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowee, that made me sad. (wiping a tear) I had no idea, I think you are fabulous, and you DO need to take care of you! so glad your getting better, I love you!
    ps, I DO think, all moms feel very underappreciated at some point, just because they do give and give, and do so much, and until those children become parents themselves, they will never understand....even when you have the best children in the world (which you do)HUGS! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I just want to give you some super big hugs!!
    I have my own little valley to dig out of too right now with my skin issues. While it is definitely NOT cancer like one doctor thought, it is obviously hormone related - probably due to estrogen dominance.
    Now if only I could find some progesterone cream around here. ...
    It has been one very long year...
    Blessings my Dear!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)