Wednesday, September 28, 2011

you been blessed


I don't imagine this looks like anything more
than a messy pile of laundry to you,
but it looks like love to me.


You see, around here, 
people don't fold a load of whites
unless told to.
Usually more than once.
And since it's such a dreaded task,
I try not to ask anyone to do it too often.
This afternoon,
 - unasked -
Jeremiah got a load of whites out of the dryer
and folded the entire load!
I saw a stack of towels on the counter
when I came out from putting the girls down for their nap
and wondered what was up ~ I hadn't told anyone to fold them...

He told me,
"You been blessed."

Then he decided he needed to make some little cards to leave,
where he's left his mark.
(well, technically, he made huge cards, I helped him re-think the size ;-)

He went on to do some cleaning in my room, too;
I had to stop him - he was trying to sort stuff
that I've had trouble sorting....

Then Josiah, ever the copier of his big brother
(you may have noticed it on the sidebar..)
got in on the action, too


I found this card where a stack of movies had previously been.

Thanks, Jeremiah (and Josiah) I have indeed been blessed!

3 comments:

  1. That was really special!! Lord bless you, Jeremiah and Josiah for being a blessing to your Mom!!
    Love you guys,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!!! Oh, I could just give them hugs!!!
    I've never found a perfect way to teach a child to 'see' something that needs to be done - and then do it. They kind of have to learn it on their own.
    Imitation is a good starting point though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'you been blessed' i love it :D awesome!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)