Sunday, October 2, 2011

43 things


To kick off my 43rd year,
43 little-known things about me, in no particular order

1. If I had to choose between a cleared off horizontal surface
and clean floors - I'd pick clean floors every time
2. I rarely have clear surfaces or clean floors
3. I have a really hard time picking a favorite - anything
4. My baby toes don't touch the ground,
so I have funny footprints.
5. I found out that my nose was wide in the 8th grade
when David Fulton (who also happens to have a wide nose!) told me
6. To this day, it's still what I see when I look in the mirror
7. I don't multi-task well
8. I've been known to throw away money while on the phone
9. I like a little something in my chocolate
10. I pretty much always have a burn somewhere on my arms
in some stage of healing.
11. I really love a well-organized cabinet
12. I used to insist towels were folded a particular way
13. Now I'm happy if they're folded at all
14. I use The Works toilet cleaner from Dollar Tree - it works!
15. I don't drink sweet tea
16. If it wasn't such a pain to make the bed, 
I'd wash my sheets every day I could hang them on the line to dry
17. I had my first baby when I was 18
18. and my last when I was 40
19. I became a grandma (Mimi) at 41
20. I talk to animals (which my husband finds endearing)
21. and other drivers (but only the stupid ones)
22. I still read the comics a few times a week
and usually laugh a time or two (Tyler find this adorable, too)
23. I don't do okra
24. but it's okay, 'cause I do eat eggplant
25. I have to turn my socks inside out to clear out all the fuzzies
before I can put them on.
26.I won't let my kids drink hot chocolate 
unless the high for the day is below 50
27. I'm thinking about lowering that to 40;
we went through a lot of hot chocolate last year.
28. I'm a wee bit competitive; mostly with myself, though
(okay - with Tyler, mostly)
29. I love wrapping gifts 'pretty'
30. and once gave my sister-in-law a gift
that she kept for years before opening
31. I don't do chit-chat well
32. I wear the same earring 364 1/2 days a year
33. and call my sister in a panic when I lose one
34. To keep the mismatched socks from getting out of control
I try to match them up every time I have a lone one
(which is pretty much every day...)
35. I'm wishing I was only 35 right about now
36. My first car was a blue Plymouth Horizon, I paid $800 for it
and the gear shift broke when I was driving it home, 
so my first stop was the shop.
37. I really don't get the chevron decorating trend
38. But I shouldn't talk - I used to have a toaster with geese on it
39. and a matching coffee maker 
40. I save my best bite for last
41. but if the baby asks for it, I'll (grudgingly) give it;
anybody older than the baby gets told, "No!"
42. When I was a kid, I'd make 'long fingernails' out of scotch tape
43. I think a good fire is mesmerizing
~
That took a ridiculously long time.
27 minutes to come up with the last two,
if that gives you a clue,
but I was trying to come up with a few things
that even my kids don't know.
For fun ~ how about you tell me in the comments
how many of these things you already knew about me :-)

eta
Tyler informed me, I was actually kicking off my 44th year.
Darn it, he's right!
44. I was 16 when I graduated from high school.

3 comments:

  1. We've never met, but I read your blog often and I knew you would pick clean floors! I knew a few other things as well, but that one made me laugh, cuz when my babies were young, I would have said the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, Hi, Melissa ~ so nice to meet you! I browsed your blog a bit - love your 'waiting for Spring' quilt (but then, you probably knew I would, huh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've known you for a few years now and I must admit that I found all of these facts enlightening and entertaining!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a blessed wonderful year!!!
    Love,
    Kaylana

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)