Tuesday, October 18, 2011

squishing it in


Every once in  awhile,
I'll look on Craigslist at exercise equipment.
I haven't walked (for exercise) since Dollar General opened
the Sunday after Brandon's birthday.
My blasted heel is just not healing very quickly
and every time I think it feels okay for me to 'push it' a bit
I seem to overdo.
I came to the un-appealing conclusion
that the best thing to do, would be to get an exercise bike.
That way, I could get my heart-rate up,
without aggravating my heel.

But there's that whole tiny house thing going on.
I came to the even more unappealing conclusion
that the only spot for this seat of torture
would be where my chair sits next to the bed.
Now,
I've been looking to replace that chair for quite awhile;
the cushions are shot.
But I had hoped to replace it 
with something more comfortable. not less.

After overhearing a discussion about me,
I was especially thrilled to find an older, knock-off airdyne
for $75.
Only problem was - it came with 3 other big exercise things, too.
But the guy ended up selling everything separately,
and all he had left when I called on it,
was the bike.
for $20!
SOLD.
And it turned out,
that I didn't have to give up my rocking chair after all;
we managed to fit the beast 
in between the cabinets in the dining room
conveniently right in front of the air conditioner.
And it's got wheels, so we can easily roll it into our bedroom
when guests are coming.


I think I got it just in time - what I'd overheard earlier,
was Josiah whispering to the boys,
"The reason we couldn't buy that house
(we periodically look at houses, 
on the off chance that we'll find something perfect for us,
without having to build it ourselves.... We'd looked at one Sunday.)
is because Mom is too fat
to fit in the storm shelter."

2 comments:

  1. OH, them kids!!and are you really tossing the idea of buying a house, and letting go of your beautiful property? or do these places you look at have more beautiful property? just curious...love you sister! and your new bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, not tossing the idea - just making sure that what we need for us isn't already out there. both the land and the house would have to be perfect in order for us to give up THIS land. or the land would have to be perfect and the house almost perfect.... So far, we haven't found anything that comes close....

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)