Friday, October 14, 2011

the stray



We had a visitor yesterday.
When Lex' saw her on the porch, she excitedly squealed,
"We have two puppies!"

Of course, I let the kids feed her.
What was I supposed to do?!
But then Daddy came home....
He says strays don't belong here.
I nodded my head towards Marcos ;-)

When Tyler prayed last night,
Lexi kept telling him to pray for the dogs.
He prayed for Lola and Bernie.
She reminded him - with her fingers and her voice -
that we have three dogs, not two.


He's right.
He's completely right.
We certainly don't need another dog.
Shoot.
I don't even want another dog.
But she is kinda cute.


It's good that somebody in this house can withstand the cuteness.
And the children's pleading.
'Cuz otherwise,
we'd have three dogs.

2 comments:

  1. awwww what a cute puppy!!! she's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how my mom must have felt when I was growing up... Puppy sure is cute though.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)