Monday, November 7, 2011

the stain ninja


The series of texts between my girl and me began with
"Who is the laundry queen??
Oh yes - that would be ME!!"
I'm such a humble soul ;-)

It all started when, 
through a series of unfortunate events,
I ended up ruining one of Luke's dress shirts.
I felt horrible 
but Lana wasn't overly bummed,
since they'd bought it for half off at Savers
and he'd gotten some use out of it already....
I told her I'd hang onto it and see what I could do.
I get mighty perturbed when laundry dares to defy me. 

After several soakings and washings,
I had it wearable, though not perfect,
and washed it one more time.
Apparently
with somebody's new something or other 
that bled in the wash.
Sheesh.
Got that out
after another washing
but there was still that one pesky grease spot.
And I was starting to take this personally.
I could have returned the shirt
and he could've worn it,
but golly
I hate letting the laundry win!
(Lana suggested that I may be competitive)
The shirt sat in my basket for a few more weeks.
Taunting me.
I finally bought some more oxiclean
(can't imagine why I'd run out)
and went after it one more time,
putting dish soap directly on the spot
and soaking it in a scoop of oxi in very hot water.
Again.
HA!
My persistence paid off.
The shirt looks good-as-new.
I
am the stain ninja!
I will not be defeated.
(Never mind that I could have probably bought another shirt
with all the water, soaps, and soaks I used....)
I do enjoy a good challenge.

2 comments:

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)