Wednesday, December 14, 2011

our Lily


Oh, how I love this girl!

she can make a mess so fast it makes my head spin
She hasn't quite been herself in a long time.
Mostly, I think she was out of sorts 
from having an extra person in the house for so long.
I can sure understand that.
And Marcos had only been gone 3 days
when she came down with a nasty
long, drawn out cold.
Then the Tummy Bug visited
and she never really had it full-fledged,
but she had several days of not feeling too swift.
I'm not quite sure what happened, but Monday,
we got our sweet Lily back!
I've missed her.


Mommy loves you, Precious Girl!!


edited to add:
She'd come in our room in the early morning
and unhappily snuggled between her sister and youngest big brother
(she'd wanted to snuggle next to me, but alas, there was no room)
and this is how our Lily woke up today:
She rolled over to look at me
sitting in the rocking chair with the mangled pads,
barely opening her eyes.
"Oh, Momma, isn't it a beautiful day today?
It's so nice to have the bright sun coming in (it's rather overcast)
and these comfy bed and chair
and all this space!"
And with a sweep of her arm, she bopped out of bed.

Do you see what I mean??



1 comment:

  1. that's pretty special! I don't bop out of bed any morning no matter how much bright sun is coming in! Bless your heart Lily!!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)