Friday, January 27, 2012

five things on Friday

1.
Tyler has been gone all week.
Last night at dinner Lexi prayed,
 "Thank-you that Daddy is coming straight home."
soon...

2.
You know it's rained a good bit here lately.
You also know we tend to have toilet troubles when it rains.
Yeah.
Tyler convinced me that if I just plunged it
while various boys covered up various plumbing air holes
(don't ask)
all our troubles would be over.
I plunged that sucker for ten minutes straight.
I have a blister.
from plunging.
But I still have poop in my pot.

3.
We've got 3 sick kids.
Tummy bug sick.
Poor Lex' has just been miserable.
She asked, "what does miserable mean?"
I told her and she agreed, yes, she was miserable!

4.
My hand-quilting is improving;
I haven't bled on my quilt in three days.
And I've got it down to about 45 minutes per block.
I've also learned that I do a better job 
if I don't try to watch a movie while quilting.

5.
Maybe I didn't really learn that though,
'cause I've still been watching old Designing Women episodes
sometimes while I quilt, thanks to the reminder from BooMama.


2 comments:

  1. OH MY! Bless all your hearts, tummies and toilet!!
    My love and prayers!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dear! Hope everyone is feeling better, and the toilet working again! I thought of you many times while tyler was gone, but figured calling to check on you would further complicate matters! Love you all!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)