Thursday, March 22, 2012

letting go

There's no easy way to say it, so I'll just get it over with.
We gave Bernie back to the neighbors today.

You may have noticed that we don't exactly have 
the thriving small-scale farm we'd planned to have by now.

Poor Bernie has been in a field 
all alone
for quite some time.
Eventually, we'll have our entire property properly fenced
so our guard dog will be able to freely roam all almost 10 acres.
That day is still a long ways off, though.

It needed to happen.
I've actually been suggesting it for several months now.
But that doesn't make it any easier to swallow.

 Letting go is just hard sometimes.
Even when you know it's for the best.



3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, he was such a wonderful dog!! But I am happy also, that he is not alone anymore. I still would have taken him. what did they say when you returned him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. she said we could have him back when we're ready ~ which is nice.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)