Sunday, October 7, 2012

dinner is served


Tyler gave me the day off on Friday.
Originally the plan was for him to take the kids camping,
so I would really have been off,
but the weather was uncooperative,
so they stayed home.
But I still didn't  have to cook or clean.

Come dinner time, he was trying to decide what to make.
Whatever it was going to be, he'd have to go to the store since we had no chicken or beef in the house.
After he'd shot down a few of my suggestions,
I very patiently and sweetly told him,
"Why don't you just think of all the thing you know how to fix for dinner
and pick one?"

A few minutes later, he was heading out the door.
He hadn't yet washed up the lunch dishes,
and I felt bad that he was going to have to fix dinner in a messy kitchen,
so even though I was off, I cleaned the kitchen for him.
I was just about done when he walked in the door and hollered, "Dinner's ready."

He'd picked up Pizza Hut.
:-)

4 comments:

  1. hahaha! Its guy thing! but it works! :) a nice treat for everyone! love and hugs! so what did you do on your day off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a really nice treat! Funny story: I entered a drawing recently and was supposed to tell what I'd do with a weekend off ~ I said I'd sew and order pizza for dinner and have it delivered :-) When I was actually going to get a weekend off (or so I thought) I was trying to decide if I would REALLY order that pizza or just eat an avocado for dinner....
    to answer your question - I sewed most of the day ~ 3 muslins, then a perfect skirt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s Tyler knew nothing of this pizza dialogue (or was it a monologue?) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)