Sunday, January 27, 2013

state of emergency


Remember back about 3 1/2 years ago, when I bought that huge roll of batting?
The very first quilt I made with the batting was a throw sized quilt for Lana.
I made it at pretty much the same time I made Josiah's quilt 
(neither of which got blogged apparently)
only I purchased Josiah's batting from the store,
which prompted the whole buy batting in bulk idea in the first place.

Every time my sewing buddy or I make a quilt,
we 'buy' the correct yardage for the project at $5 a yard, and put the money in a crumpled envelope
where I jot down the quilt name or prospective owner and approximate date of said project.
My envelope has been getting full, and the roll empty,
so I've been keeping my eye out for bargain batting for a few months now.
The price of batting has gone up considerably!

I just went in the dining room, backed a chair up to the yellow cupboard
and climbed up.
I reached up and pulled the now fairly lightweight box down from it's perch on the top of the cabinet.
I lifted the batting out and began unrolling it on my cutting table.
(aka - the dining table)
I was totally shocked to discover I only have 45 inches of batting left.
Lynnet and I have used all but 45 inches of  forty yards of quilt batting!

This is most definitely a state of emergency
that needs to be remedied right away.

2 comments:

  1. thats a lot of gorgeous quilting you have done! better get some more asap!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)