Friday, June 26, 2015

a kid designed dinner date




decorating with Bucky Balls






























taking a picture of me, taking a picture of him

Oh, how I love this man!

Following a squabble,
which resulted in a major violation
(interrupting Mom's sunsoaking /quiet time when there was no emergency)
which resulted in a passionate (one-sided) discussion
about selfishness and laziness vs loving and serving others,
the kids decided that they were 'giving' Tyler and I a date.
(Never mind that we would rather just have them
obediently,
quickly,
and
quietly
get ready for, and actually go to bed
on time.)

There was dancing.
And fancy clothes.
And many (many) offers for more water/carrots/broccoli.


These pictures are blurry,
but they remind me
that as much as I feel like a failure as a mother
far more often than I feel like I nailed it,
my kids are okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)