Tuesday, February 28, 2017

for kicks


I was scrolling through Pinterest this afternoon,
and had a good chuckle.



Pinterest makes suggestions for you based on either things you pin
or your browsing history
(or maybe both - I dunno)

Anyways - they suggested my own quilt!!

Which, I guess goes to show 
that they can be spot on in recognizing your tastes.

I thought you might like to see some of the other pins they picked for me, too.
(clicking on the photo should take you to the post)

The Best Way To Start a Ketogenic Diet #keto #ketogenic #diet http://paleomagazine.com/how-to-start-ketogenic-diet

I don't exactly eat Keto. 
Keto-ish, though.
But sure, I'd want to know the BEST way
(and the easier alternatives.... ;-)


I do like orange peels.
And I love easy....

Death by Chocolate Paleo Blender Brownies

Ummmm. Yeah!
(although. I must say, I haven't had a Paleo brownie that is to die for yet.
But I'm open to trying another recipe...)


Faux cathedral windows.
Faux = easier.

Hmmm. I'm beginning to see a theme here....

QuiltCon 2017 Award Winners   Best in Show  Bling  Pieced and quilted by Katherine Jones  Chigwell, Tasmania, Australia:

Okay.
So Pinterest didn't suggest that one.
Someone I follow pinned it.
But, my word, isn't it amazing?!
It was the overall winner at QuiltCon, I believe.

Then, of course,
there were a bunch of suggestions for various kitchens,
and wood floors,
because, 
Lands!
I have looked at so.many.kitchens.
and 
wood floors!

Then there are a few of these,
which I can't really figure out.

Get a TAN with Coffee!:  

and usually there's a 'books you should read' pin or two.
But mostly,
the suggestions are quilt related.

Considering I have more pins
(by far)
on my quilt board
than any other boards,
I'd say that's fair.

What I'm curious about is
why do I see more pins that have been 'picked for me'
than things people I follow
have pinned??

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of it depends on what you have been pinning/following lately. I guess you could always follow lots more people and see if that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a tan with coffee? Wow, I wonder what you searched for Pinterest to come up with that gem?
    I searched "shadows" once as a visual study of the natural world, and now my feed is flooded with pins about makeup. It took me a long time to figure out the connection (eye shadow - duh!). Despite this example, it actually does a pretty good job of making suggestions for me, too, and I enjoy the plethora of possibilities it offers. Amazing to have such a resource at our fingertips!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)