Sunday, April 2, 2017

Sunday snippets


It's a quiet, rainy Sunday afternoon.
Absolutely perfect for snuggling under a quilt while hand-quilting.
Except that my right hand has been hurting since Thursday,
and I'm not sure that I could even hold a needle,
 much less sew with one,
so, I figured I'd just write up a post.

~

Marin squealed when she opened Milo's shoes,
so I am thoroughly compensated for my hours of sewing them.
If he actually wears them, that will be bonus ;-)

~

Brandon took Josiah to a percussion recital Friday evening.
As part of his music appreciation class,
he was required to attend 3 performances this semester,
and since Josiah is interested in drums,
he brought him, too.

~
Speaking of Josiah and drums,
Brandon made him a cajon a few months ago.
2 weeks ago, he brought it to church,
and helped Brandon lead music during Children's Church.

Y'all just don't know how that blessed me!

Firstly, it never would have happened 
if Brandon hadn't built the drum for him,
and taught him how to play it.
And also,
Josiah is quite shy,
so it took a lot of gumption 
to put himself out there like that.

I didn't even know he was going to do it,
until he leaned over to me during church and said,
"I've got to go down to help Brandon lead worship"
as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

~

I love that Brandon so freely shares
what he learns.

~

Lily helped me thread baste my quilt
because we were out of 505 basting spray.


It took us just a little over 3 hours.

Without her help, it surely would have taken me 5!


~

I ordered more spray immediately.
😉

~

Lily turned 10 last week.

10!!

I'm having a hard time comprehending that.

~

Work on the house
during winter
was super slow.
But now that the weather is more agreeable
we are itching to make some real progress out there!

Fortunately,
we have no plans next weekend,
so we should be able to make a big dent in the
'before drywall' list.

It's not unrealistic
to think we could actually be getting drywall
not long after Easter!
From there,
things are going to get real crazy...

~

Well.
No plans for Saturday and Sunday.
There is a quilt show in Springdale on Friday
that I hope to attend...


2 comments:

  1. I adore that quilt. Hoping you hand starts feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I have to look up a cajon so I can see what it is! So great that Brandon is mentoring his brother. ♡ Love the look of your hand quilting. TEN? Goodness, she is becoming so capable. I remember BEING ten. It's a great age, as I recall. Building tree houses, crafting with recyclables, reading great books (Anne of Green Gables was my choice at that age), playing "school" or "office", & drawing comic strips were my favourite play time activities at that age. Seems like yesterday...
    I hope your sore hand feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)