Thursday, October 26, 2017

circle-centered granny squares. the saga continues


Two weeks ago,
I could no longer quiet 


I tried to shush the old girl,
I really did.
But when she kept shouting at me,
making it impossible to ignore her pleas,
I finally sat down with my designing supplies
and drafted a circle centered granny square quilt block.


I figured that should do the trick.

but no.

She also wanted me to break the design down into a cut list.

So I obliged.

Then,
she wanted me to test the darn thing.


So I did.

And she finally shut up.


Except.

Except, she was too big.


She wanted to be smaller.


So two days ago,
I sat down again,
and shrunk her,
until her smallest pieces were cut at 3/4 of an inch!
And then,
I had to test that.



I am happy to report that the 
circle centered granny square quilt
is sufficiently satisfied. for the time being.


The blocks are an appropriate size,
my measurements are all correct,
and I can resume normal life
until I am able to actually make 
the real quilt.


For now,
I will continue to plug away
5 minutes here
and 10 minutes there,
which started this whole thing in the first place.

3 comments:

  1. Your crochet is looking fabulous, as is your quilt block. Will you make a scrappy circle granny square quilt? Those inner voices get quite noisy sometimes, mine is telling me to make the backing for my AMH quilt now .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the crochet circles, very colourful! And the fabric versions will make a wonderful quilt too, look forward to seeing more! Thanks for sharing with 'sew stitch snap SHARE'

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice block, but not a Granny Square!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)